City Secretary (Greenville)
Entered Office: 2000
Debra Newell was appointed as City Secretary for the City of Greenville in 2000. She previously served as Executive Secretary to the City Manager.
She holds a Bachelorís of Business Administration in Finance from the New Mexico State University. As City Secretary, Newell is the records and elections administrator for the City. She is responsible for:
* Collecting and cataloging ordinances, resolutions, proclamations, open records requests, and contracts
* Codifying all ordinances adopted by the City Council
* Overseeing the records management program for the City
* Performing research of records for the City Council, staff, and public
* Coordinating the appointments process of boards and commissions
Newell previously worked in the field of financial advisement with Addington and Associates. She is a member of the Lone Star Chapter of the Texas Municipal Clerks Association and Wesley United Methodist Church, where she serves on the Board of Trustees.
Newell and her husband Dan have two children, Christy and Ben, and one grandson Conner.
Contact and Phone Numbers
P.O. Box 1049
Greenville, TX 75403
2821 Washington Street
Greenville, TX 75401
Fax: (903) 457-0506
Contact via Email